Hensley is a co-ed student residence hall on the Mount Vernon campus at 2100 Foxhall Rd. hosting 39 freshman students.
Hensley is located on the Mount Vernon campus between Clark and Cole and near Eckles Library.
Building and Room StructureEdit
Hensley consists of 3 floors. Rooms are single-sex; floors are co-ed. The first two floors (any number beginning with a 1 or 2) are suite-style rooms connected by a bathroom, while the third floor has hall-style dorms with communal showers.
Breakdown of available room types:
- 100% of students will live in doubles
- Actually. There is a single in the basement, a single on the first floor and two singles on the third floor.
Amenities and FeaturesEdit
- Tv lounge in basement
- Study area in basement with one table
- Laundry facilities (Two washers and two dryers)
- Community kitchen in basement
- Room specific: Furnished with desks, desk chairs, dressers and twin beds. Also, comes with microfridge, cable tv capabilities, individual high speed internet and individual phone line per room.
Hensley Hall was built in 1945.
(The following is taken from http://living.gwu.edu/halls/firstyear/Hensley/)
The Science Village at Mount Vernon: The Science Village at Mount Vernon provides students compelled by scientific exploration the chance to delve into the areas of earth sciences, bioscience and medicine, mathematics and engineering, and computer science. First Year students in the Science Village can have rewarding hands-on experiences that provide the chance to grapple with and create innovative solutions for scientific and technological challenges.
Quiet place for studying and sleeping.
The building was built in 1945, and the kitchen is in the basement.
Other Residence Halls Like This OneEdit