Merriweather is a single-sex student residence hall on the Mount Vernon campus at 2100 Foxhall Rd. hosting 43 freshman students. But since there aren't a lot of girls who would choose to live here, GW forces transfer students to live here too.
Merriweather is located on the Mount Vernon campus.
Building and Room StructureEdit
Merriweather consists of 3 floors- including one basement. The entire building is single-sex (female).
Breakdown of available room types:
- Most students will live in doubles
Amenities and FeaturesEdit
- Tv lounge/Study area in basement with one table
- Laundry facilities
- Community kitchen
- Room specific: Furnished with desks, desk chairs, dressers and twin beds. Also, comes with microfridge, cable tv capabilities, individual high speed internet and individual phone line per room.
Merriweather was built in 1960.
(The following is taken from http://living.gwu.edu/halls/firstyear/Merriweather/)
The Science Village at Mount Vernon: The Science Village at Mount Vernon provides students compelled by scientific exploration the chance to delve into the areas of earth sciences, bioscience and medicine, mathematics and engineering, and computer science. First Year students in the Science Village can have rewarding hands-on experiences that provide the chance to grapple with and create innovative solutions for scientific and technological challenges.
- Safe environment
- Usually people will eventually move down to Foggy Bottom, so you could end up with your own room
- Spacious suites, especially corner rooms
- Full bathrooms
- Only 3 floors
- Full kitchen
- Not Co-ed
- Being an all female dorm, there are bound to be some bitches who'll steal your things in the kitchen and/or laundry room
- Located at the bottom of a hill
- Very thin walls