Somers Hall is a co-ed student residence hall on the Mount Vernon campus at 2100 Foxhall Rd. hosting 246 freshman students.
Building and Room StructureEdit
Somers Hall consists of 3 floors. The ground floor level is second floor. A limited number of single rooms offer private bathrooms while double rooms share a bathroom with another double room. Rooms are single-sex; floors are co-ed.
Breakdown of available room types:
- 5% of residents will reside in singles
- 95% of residents will reside in doubles
Amenities and FeaturesEdit
- Weekly housekeeping
- Tv lounge in lower level with DVD player
- Foosball table in lower level
- Study room on each floor
- In-house fitness facility on lower level
- Laundry facilities
- Community kitchen
- Room specific: Furnished with desks, desk chairs, dressers and twin beds. Also, comes with microfridge, cable tv capabilities, individual high speed internet and individual phone line per room.
Somers Hall was built in 1945 (renovations and additional rooms completed in 2002).
(The following is taken from http://living.gwu.edu/halls/firstyear/Somers/)
The Media and Public Affairs House at Somers: The Media and Public Affairs House at Somers allows students with interests in both journalism and public affairs to assemble under one roof to engage with the ever-changing global society. With the thematic cohorts in journalism, mass communication, public relations, and public affairs, first-year students that are eager to make an impact of hone their entrepreneurial interests will love to call Somers their home.
It's not Thurston
-Commute to Foggy Bottom